What You Ought to Know:
– Amboy Street Ventures, the world’s first enterprise capital agency targeted on ladies’s well being and sexual well being for all genders, closed its debut $20 million fund.
– Amboy Avenue plans to spend money on the Seed and Collection A phases of ladies’s well being and sexual well being startups to each elevate related stigmas and usher ahead a brand new world of inclusive well being and wellbeing.
Funding Thesis & Portfolio
The world is present process a large social reformation which is lifting the taboos and stigmas that encompass Ladies’s Well being & Sexual Well being. Amboy Avenue Ventures invests in startups which are creating the very important expertise that meets the Sexual Well being and Ladies’s Well being wants of our progressive society. Amboy Avenue was based by investor and former engineer Carli Sapir and is supported by Common Companions Dominique Karetsos and Dr. Maria Godoy, leaders within the ladies’s and sexual well being business.
Amboy Avenue is backed by predominantly feminine Restricted Companions who’re driving the world’s main monetary establishments: 10+ Companions and Administrators from Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and Financial institution of America; Founders of outstanding funds together with Summit Companions and First Spherical Capital; Senior Executives at high Hedge Funds and Personal Fairness funds together with Fortress Funding Group and Citadel; Profitable Founders; and Deliberate Parenthood Executives.
Amboy Avenue has already invested in eight startups and realized its first exit as Gennev (a telehealth and product line for menopausal ladies) was acquired by Unified Ladies’s Healthcare.
Amboy Avenue present funding portfolio embody:
– Evvy – vaginal microbiome testing and care
– Hey Jane – telehealth abortion entry
– Contraline – male contraception
– Dame Products – female-focused sexual pleasure merchandise
– HerMD – telehealth and brick-and-mortar menopause and sexual well being providers
– Aunt Flow – free menstrual merchandise for greater than 19,000 loos nationwide
– Dipsea – audio erotica subscription app
“Amboy Avenue’s hands-on strategy helped us acquire entry to the sources, instruments and companions we would have liked,” mentioned Alexandra Superb, CEO of Dame Merchandise. “They believed in our imaginative and prescient with conviction, and we’re proud to be included on this new fund.”